- Published: 16 July 2013
The Ministry of Public Works is the country’s epicenter of engineering and technical excellence. Its key responsibilities, among others, include the planning, creation and maintenance of major public civil works infrastructure throughout Guyana.
To plan, build and maintain a reliable, safe, efficient and cost-effective Main Road Network and Sea and River Defense system to protect life and property; support the movement of people, goods and services; reduce the cost of transportation; promote economic growth and quality of life and protect the environment.
- Integrity; Efficiency; Teamwork; Commitment
- We will strive to do what we say and live up to our commitments.
- We are willing to admit our mistakes and learn from them.
- We will make decisions with fairness and impartiality.
- We will plan our work to minimize response time to correct faults.
- We will finish work in a timely manner using all resources effectively.
- We will prepare budgets and keep costs under control. We are prepared to work beyond the call of duty to complete important work.
- We will look for ways to improve and be flexible enough to adopt improved methods of work.
- We will seek and share information and resources that will help us to maximize out output.
- We will treat others with respect and courtesy thereby creating a longstanding relationship with the public.
- We will abide by decisions made by our team even if we disagree.
- We are dedicated to public service and strive for excellence in customer satisfaction.